Pages

Wednesday, November 27, 2019


How is compost made?

Compost is a magical dirt that can help your garden grow. You can make it easily at home following some simple steps.

First, you get a black bin. You put food scraps into the compost bin. For example a banana, carrot and potato peelings. Don’t put meat in it or animals will come and eat it. Smell will come out the next time you open it. No animal droppings.
Next you put leaves and water in the compost bin to keep it alive. All the mouldy stuff goes in there. Everything gets mixed in together. Then it turns soft  in a week or two. If you don’t feed your compost bin it will get hungry and it will dry out. Next you put it on your garden and you see what has happened. Do you have a compost bin at home?





  • Make  the compost bin. This is what you need to make a compost bin.
  • food scraps 
  • water 
  • air
  • leaves 


No comments:

Post a Comment

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - Begin with a greeting. Talk about something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A comment that will mean something to me to let me know you read/watched or listened to what I had to say. - use any language.
3. Something helpful - Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.
Encourage me to make another post